Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Looking for a powder recommendation

I have just recently gotten into reloading and ran my first batch of 9mm with unique a couple weeks ago. I worked up a load and settled on a charge weight and am pleased with the results. What I'm not pleased with is how the unique meters out of my rcbs uniflow powder measure. I am using the small metering drum but I'm having issues getting a consistent drop with such big flakes. I recently loaded up some 233 with H335 powder and was amazed by how well it metered being such a small grain powder.
    I am looking for a pistol powder of the same consistency of the H335 and meter well at a small charge amount. I am hoping said powder could be used on 9mm 380 and 45acp as that's what I'm looking to reload in the immediate future and possibly 38/357 in the distant future.
    Just don't tell my wife how much any of this really costs.

Title
    Premium Member
    Bullseye is my go to powder for 9mm and 45 acp, probably work in 38 special too. We shoot a lot of 3-gun and Bullseye is very popular.

Title
    Premium Member
    Titegroup is my go to for pistol as I get the most bang for my buck. Just have to make sure and double check your cases as it's easy to double charge.

Title
    I use CFE Pistol. Meters well and almost impossible to double charge without noticing.
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Premium Member
    i almost always use titegroup in my 9mm and 45's, but i bought a can of cfe pistol to try out and ive had good results so far.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    I run AA#2 in all my 9mm, 40, 45, 380 Auto and 38spl.
    Meters great, and is the most "Accurate" powder for me with Xtreme Bullets

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm rolling some 9mm with Titegroup right now. I love this powder for 9 and 45acp/colt

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Thank you guys for the recommendations. I will look up some load data and keep me eyes out for one of those next time I'm at the local gun shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just don't tell my wife how much any of this really costs.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    I use HP-38/W231 for both 9mm and .45 ACP. It has a little less snap than Titegroup which helps me get back on target quicker for faster follow up shots.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    I use CFE Pistol exclusively for 9mm, it meters well, decent case fill and is "clean"